City Hall Wedding with History
The ladies of Tango & Foxtrot are super excited to share details from our first wedding coordination gig! Our go-to celebration coordinator, Marianne, met NYM + GMH while working as the private event manager at AQ Restaurant + Bar, where the couple hosted their lunch reception. We loved having these two as our first clients because they are awesomely funny + incredibly kind individuals who were more than willing to take us on as their month-of coordinator knowing they'd be on our maiden voyage!
Meeting with the LA couple for their San Francisco City Hall wedding was a blast and a day filled with lots of laughter. We met this couple as soon as they landed a month before their wedding on the steps of City Hall. Mack told us some of his family history in the San Francisco political scene - think Harvey Milk era + Diane Feinstein introducing your parents. Their wedding venue was a heartwarming tribute that made it all the more special for this couple.
After the site walk-through we put together a table mock up complete with florals provided by Healow's Flowers. The inspiration for design was based on a Pinterest board Marianne created to share with NYM and the florist to make sure the flowers matched the couple's vision. We were so happy with how her bouquet turned out! It was even snapped by Refinery29 photographer Maria Del Rio for their City Hall Weddings feature.
Some of our favorite details were captured below by Rika of CalMax Photography >>
- Succulents + Ranunculus
- Scabiosa + Hypericum berry accents
- NYM + GMH's custom lunch menu by AQ
- Hand-lettered place cards by Tango & Foxtrot's Papersmith
- Gift bags with caramels by Proof Bakery + City Hall print notebook by G Mack Hill
A couple additional details we loved couldn't be photographed, but will definitely not be forgotten >>
- A perfectly timed "POP!" of champagne at the end of the "I Do's."
- An excellent playlist, included in their handmade favor bag, with timeless love jams like "I'll Be Your Mirror" and other soul & rock classics.
- Very creative and sweet speeches from family & close friends. We especially loved how Mack's sister passed around a simple Irish blessing to be read aloud simultaneously by all the guests. Definitely teared up with that one!
Hugs + Cheers
Event Coordination >> Tango & Foxtrot
Venue >> San Francisco City Hall
Florals >> Healow's Flowers
Photographer >> CalMax Photography
Papersmith >> Foreignspell Art + Paper Goods
Reception Venue >> AQ Restaurant + Bar
Hair + Make Up >> Meaganne McCandess
Wedding Party Transportation >> Pacific Towncar
Guest Transportation >> SF Minibus
Linens >> La Tavola
Rentals >> Classic Party Rentals